用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:[双语时讯]APEC会议背后的大学生们

字体:    回复
[双语时讯]APEC会议背后的大学生们
tinyhut(2014/9/1 7:19:12)  点击:52139  回复:0  IP:39.* * *
Words like “thanks” and “please” have become pet phrases for Na Yuegang. As one of the volunteers at this year’s Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum, he assists more than 100 international delegates all from the information desk of Beijing Hotel.
作为2014亚太经合组织(APEC)第三次高官会议的一名志愿者,“谢谢您”、“请……”等词已经成了纳跃刚的口头禅。在北京饭店的咨询台,他为100多名国际代表提供帮助。

But Na Yuegang is not alone. More than 600 volunteers from 13 universities in Beijing contribute to the APEC meeting, according to Beijing Daily.
而纳跃刚并不是一个人,据《北京日报》报道,来自北京13所高校的600多名志愿者为此次APEC会议提供服务。

Students take advantage of opportunities to put their skills and interests to work at the forum, and in return they gain valuable work experience and connections.
在此次会议中,大学生们有机会学以致用、做自己喜爱的工作,同时,也收获了有价值的工作经历和人脉关系。

Language expert
语言“发烧友”

Na Yuegang is an international politics major at Beijing Language and Culture University, and he’s a language enthusiast. In addition to English, he speaks both Thai and Cantonese. He uses his talents to help determine where delegates are from based on their accents.
纳跃刚在北京语言大学就读国际政治专业,他是一名语言“发烧友”。除了英语,他还会说泰语和粤语,因此他能通过代表们的口音判断他们来自哪里。

He even gets to use his language skills to communicate with staffers. When he meets delegates from Thailand and Hong Kong, he greets them in their native tongue. “It helps them feel more at home,” he said.
他甚至还利用自己的语言优势和大会组织者们沟通交流。遇到来自泰国或香港的代表,他就用他们的母语和代表们打招呼,他说“这能让他们更有宾至如归的感觉。”

Through communicating with delegates, he’s developed a deeper understanding of his college major. “Although we learn about APEC meetings in our textbooks, we never really know what a meeting is like,” he says. “Here, I learn the meeting’s agenda, how the delegates work, and get a feel for the atmosphere of this international event.”
通过与代表们的交流,纳跃刚对自己的专业也有了更深刻的了解,他说“虽然我们在课本上学过APEC会议,但却并不知道会议到底是怎样的。而现在,我对会议日程、代表们的工作、以及这一国际活动的氛围都有了更多了解。”

In the future, he plans to earn a master’s degree in international politics. “This experience has made me more curious about the relationship between China and other nations,” he says “I want to study these relationships, if possible target=_blank class=infotextkey>possible.”
未来,他还打算继攻读国际政治专业的研究生,他觉得“这次经历让我对中国和其他国家的关系更加好奇,如果可能,我想在国际关系方面继续钻研下去。”

Spreading culture
文化传播

Exactly how delegates work during the APEC forum remains a mystery to most students. For Zuo Meng, 21, an international economics and trade student from the University of International Relations, the job is a chance to witness the forum firsthand.
APEC会议上代表们是怎么工作的?很多学生对此仍知之甚少。而来自北京外交学院国际经济与贸易专业21岁的左濛则有机会见证代表们的工作。

She volunteers in the APEC Secretariat helping delegates solve all sorts of logistical problems that arise during work, bridging communication between delegates and other staffers whose English isn’t quite perfect.
她在APEC秘书处担任志愿者,为代表团解决所有后勤问题,是英语欠佳的组织人员与代表之间沟通的桥梁。

The hardworking nature of the delegates and the forum’s friendly atmosphere has impressed her most. At 7 am, when she arrives in the office, the Secretary-General is already hard at work.
让她印象最深刻的就是努力工作的代表团和会议的友好氛围。每天早上7点,当她走进办公室的时候,勤奋的秘书长早已开始一天的工作。

“Based on the meeting recordings and transcripts, it seems that(核对一下英文原文) he’s always very careful in his work,” she says.
她说,“在做会议记录时,他总是十分仔细。”

“I respect their professionalism and optimistic outlook on life, and I plan to take what I’ve learned from them into the future,” she says.
她还说,“我十分敬佩他们的专业精神和乐观的生活态度,将来我也要向他们学习。”

导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共0回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:[双语时讯]APEC会议背后的大学生们
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找