用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:英国大学申请 - 个人陈述(Personal Statement)写作要点

字体:    回复
英国大学申请 - 个人陈述(Personal Statement)写作要点
Una(2012/1/8 22:37:27)  点击:54392  回复:0  IP:219.* * *
个人陈述,有时也称自荐信,英文名称为Personal Statement,是申请英国大学,无论本科,硕士还是博士必不可少的文书之一。在申请奖学金的时候,个人陈述也是必须提交的材料之一。一份好的个人陈述会让你备受大学的青睐,当然,学术成绩也是评估的标准之一。如何写好个人陈述,需要申请人花时间去想。个人陈述不需要太长,一般建议在1-2页之间,必须精简,提到要点。

以下是写个人陈述需要注意和掌握的几个要求,可供申请人参考:
首先,个人陈述是:
• A picture. Your personal essay should produce a picture of you as a person, a student, a potential scholarship winner, and (looking into the future) a former scholarship recipient.

• Who do I want to be?

• What kind of contribution do I want to make, and how?

• Why does it make sense for me to study at XX university?

• An invitation. The reader must be invited to get to know you, personally. Bridge the assumed distance of strangers. Make your reader welcome.
Also, you will want to include a proposal of study, one or two paragraphs devoted to why XX university makes sense to you. For some progarmmes/universities, you may be asked to submite a proposal. Your proposal should be as detailed and specific as possible, including degree plans, course titles, and professors with whom you hope to study (especially if you have contacted them by email or letter). Why is this the right place and program? Is it consistent with your studies and activities to date? Draw connections.

• An indication of your priorities and judgement. What you choose to say in your statement tells the committee what your priorities are. What you say, and how you say it, is crucial.

• A story, or more precisely, your story. Everyone has a story to tell, but we are not all natural storytellers. If you are like most people, your life lacks inherent drama. This is when serious self-reflection, conversation with friends, family, and mentors, and permission to be creative come in handy.

简单的说,个人陈述主要是回答以下几个问题:
• Who am I?
• Who do I want to be?
• What kind of contribution do I want to make, and how?
• Why does it make sense for me to study at XX university?

最后,申请人应该记住,个人陈述不是:
•An academic paper with you as the subject
•A resume in narrative form
•A journal entry.
•A plea of justification for the admission/scholarship

导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共0回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:英国大学申请 - 个人陈述(Personal Statement)写作要点
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找